Soft Blankets: All the Ways You Can Use Them
When it comes to achieving the perfect cozy vibe for your home, there’s nothing better than a soft blanket. They’re easy to style in your space, perfect for getting comfortable and staying warm, and ideal for those nights out on the stars.
And if you want to make the most of your soft, fluffy blankets, then PixieLane is here to help. We’re more than just the clothing experts that you can rely on for great outfits for the whole family. We’re also sharing lifestyle, design, and comfort tips, so you can get the looks you love—on yourself and in your home.
What Makes a Blanket So Soft?
We all have our favorite cozy blankets, and it’s not hard to see why. Some blankets are just softer than others, which makes them the best choice for getting as comfortable as possible.
Here are a few reasons some soft blankets stand out from the pack:
- Materials: Blankets can be made out of lots of different materials, and it’s always a good idea to check out the materials before you buy. If you’re on the search for the softest blanket possible, look for materials like Sherpa or fleece. And, of course, you can always squish the blanket to see if it’s the right fit for you.
- Age: The right blanket will stay in the family for years, and the more you use it, the softer it will get. That’s why it’s a good idea to purchase a high-quality blanket that you know you can rely on for many cozy days to come.
- Warmth: Want to make your favorite soft blanket that much cozier? Consider tossing it into the dryer for just a few minutes. Warm and toasty blankets are perfect for snuggling up for a movie night with the family.
How Can I Use My Soft Blanket?
Now that you’ve found the perfect soft blanket, what are you going to do with it?
Here are just a few of our favorite uses for soft and cozy blankets:
Of course, there’s no better way to keep warm on the chilly days of winter than with a cozy blanket. Not only will it keep out the cold, but it will be soft and gentle on even the most sensitive skin.
Soft blankets make for great bed décor when the time comes to start the day. Switch it out for your current comforter, or add it on top for a little extra warmth.
Relaxing on the Couch
Do you love reading books or playing games on the couch? A soft blanket will take your coziness to the next level. You can snuggle up with a cup of tea and a tray of treats and dig into your favorite stories or activities all day long... while staying warm, of course.
Family Movie Nights
And another great way to make the most of your soft blankets is to add them to family movie nights. Whether you love watching movies on the couch, in the big bed, or out in the backyard, a soft blanket adds a little something special to the experience.
The kids will love picking out their own soft blankets. Plus, blankets make for great gifts for the holidays or birthdays. They’ll keep the whole family warm in PJs or cozy clothes, and they’re easy to clean in the event of a popcorn incident.
Another great reason to add some more cozy blankets to your movie night is the drive-in. Bring the whole family out for a special nighttime film and keep warm, cozy, and comfortable with soft blankets for everyone.
Soft blankets are great for being outdoors for lots of reasons. If you’re looking to get a little fresh air during dinner, but you feel a bit of a chill, a soft blanket can make all the difference. Tuck the blanket around your legs or shoulders to stay toasty while still enjoying a beautiful outdoor meal with friends and loved ones.
They’re also great for those dinnertime picnics. They’ll keep your skin and food protected from allergens and critters, so you can sit back and enjoy a delightful evening.
Where Can I Find the Softest Blankets?
You can never have too many soft blankets.
Here are a few great places where you can find the softest blankets for movie nights and cuddling up on the couch:
- Local Farms: Oftentimes, a local farm will use their own wool to create a soft and warm blanket the whole family will enjoy. Not only will a farm blanket help to keep you comfortable, but they’re high-quality and handcrafted, which means they’re really designed to last. Plus, you can support your local community businesses at the same time.
- Outdoor Stores: Outdoor stores carry the tools and materials that will keep you warm and safe on every type of adventure. When it comes to the warmest and softest blankets, they have you covered. Their blankets are often made from materials for camping and taking outdoor trips—or simply for planning the next great trivia night.
- Boutiques: Smaller shops often carry smaller runs of products or products that are handcrafted. That means the materials are more high-quality, and the designs are totally unique. You’ll get to enjoy your soft blanket for a long time to come.
Soft Blankets For Your Home
There are many reasons to add a soft blanket to your space, from the added cozy design to the access to comfort and softness. They’re great for movie nights, outdoor activities, and enjoying your favorite books. It’s easy to find the best soft blankets for your needs from local businesses, big adventure shops, or your favorite online boutique.
When it comes to soft materials that are designed to last and comfortable nights in, we have you covered. The only question is, what cozy activity will you enjoy first?